Home
Search results “Rene aguilar codelco mining”
Comunicado situacion Mineros, Rene Aguilar Saez
 
02:13
Gerente de Gestión en Riesgos Profesionales, CODELCO "El Teniente", Rene Aguilar Sáez, informa de la situación de los mineros, a posteriori de su contacto vía cable. Grabado con iPhone 3GS
Views: 668 mtfctm
Operation to bring miners to the surface gathers pace
 
02:35
(6 Oct 2010) SHOTLIST 1. Wide of mine site 2. Various of families walking along road 3. Various family camped at mine site 4. Wide of mine site 5. SOUNDBITE: (Spanish) Andre Sougarret, head of the rescue team: "We still have to go 100 metres. It's a difficult phase as we said before, because we are entering a faultline, we have to go through this complicated zone, therefore it is premature to speak about Saturday." 6. Various of drilling rigs 7. SOUNDBITE: (Spanish) Andre Sougarret, head of the rescue team: "We are still sticking with the second week of October; we are going to be monitoring the situation day by day to make a better projection." 8. Various of rescue workers who will participate in rescue operations 9. SOUNDBITE: (Spanish) Rene Aguilar, deputy head of the rescue team: "We have 10 rescue workers who are specialised in mining rescue, two rescue workers from the Atacama region, and three rescue workers from the medical corps of the Chilean army. They started to train as a group yesterday afternoon and they worked with the equipment we will be using. And in the next few days, they will start training with the cages, they are going to be working with the cages by inserting the cages into the tubes that we put aside for training purposes. They will also be testing the communication equipment that will be installed in the cages and we will be evaluating minute by minute, day by day. They all have the technical and psychological know how to complete the task in the various roles they will be assigned to. And that goes for those who are working above and below ground. As for the miners, we will inform them moments before operations." 10. Rescue workers walking away STORYLINE An official in Chile said the operation to rescue 33 miners trapped underground has entered a difficult phase, and talk of a Saturday rescue may be "premature." Andre Sougarret, who is heading up the rescue effort, said in a news conference that the operators had to go through another 100 metres to reach the men, but that they were entering a faultline, which made this next phase of the drilling complicated. But Sougarret said they were "still sticking with the second week of October" timeline to save the miners. The government had originally said they hoped to get them out by late December. Officials also presented a team of workers who will participate in the rescue operations. Rene Aguilar, the deputy head of the rescue operation, said that in the next few days the rescue workers would start training with the cages that were expected to be brought to the site later on Wednesday, which will be used to bring the miners out. President Sebastian Pinera earlier this week said he hoped the miners could be rescued before he leaves for a trip to Europe, which has been pushed back two days to October 17. You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/760034f3e6323db3d05f32d4650ea33f Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork
Views: 69 AP Archive
12-10-10 Información sobre el rescate de mineros Rene Aguilar Sáez
 
02:26
Información actualizada a las 19:50 sobre el rescate de mineros, a horas del rescate de "los 33" Laurence Golborne y Rene Aguilar Saez, Gerente de Riesgos Codelco El Teniente
Views: 308 mtfctm
C5N MINEROS, EL RESCATE: "EL PRIMER DESCENSO SERÁ LENTO"
 
02:16
El gerente de Riesgos de Codelco, René Aguilar, indicó que se "está trabajando con los mineros en el sistema de comunicación, ellos están instalando la cámara de televisión y los tres sistemas de comunicación paralelos..."
Views: 1281 Youtube C5N
"33" - documental
 
01:15:56
*Selección Oficial DocsDF 2012 - 7º Festival Internacional de Cine Documental de la Ciudad de México* *Selección Oficial ANTOFADOCS 2012 - Primer Festival Internacional de documentales de Antofagasta* Documental sobre el rescate de los 33 mineros atrapados en la Mina San José. Relata la odisea vivida en la Región de Atacama, Chile entre agosto y octubre de 2010. Dirección: Eduardo Bertrán y Reinaldo Sepúlveda. Producción ejecutiva: Luis-Miguel Méndez y Francisco Meza. Asesor de contenidos Codelco: René Aguilar. Asesores de contenidos: Claudio Rosas, Alejandro Goycoolea y Felipe Becerra. Montajista: Rafael Gidi. Asstte. montaje: Collette Ramírez. Archivo: Pamela Palma. Post producción de sonido y música: Igor Ledermann. Músicos: Randall Ledermann, Christian Navarrete, Bastián Herrera y Jorge Alfaro. Traducción: Angela Harcombe. Coordinación post producción: Francisca Álvarez. Periodista en terreno: Constanza Briones. Director de fotografía: Christian Saavedra. Sonido directo: Public! Editor en terreno: Gonzalo Pavéz. www.elotro.cl
Views: 869590 elotrocine
Latest as 33 men become longest-trapped miners in recent history
 
02:05
(13 Sep 2010) 1. Wide of fair organised for currently unemployed San Jose mine workers 2. Mid of miners meeting with representatives of other mining companies 3. Close of a miner talking with a mining company representative 4. Pan of Ministry of Labour Camila Merino arriving 5. SOUNDBITE: (Spanish) Camila Merino, Chilean Ministry of Labour: "They haven't got their settlement from the mining company and that is something we are trying to sort out but we see that company has some serious problems, the mine is going to be closed for a long time so it is important to start seeing other things, that they start looking for new jobs. The issue of the their contractual situation should be solved soon." 6. Miners meeting with various possible employers 7. SOUNDBITE: (Spanish) Carlos Avalos, San Jose mine worker: "Through this fair, we are hoping to have the possibility to be hired by other (mining) companies." 8. Wide of entrance to the mine 9. Wide of site where the Plan A, drilling machine Strata 950 is working 10. Mid of T-130 drilling machine, Plan B, that is not working due to technical problems 11. Various of site where they are assembling Plan C 12. SOUNDBITE: (Spanish) Rene Aguilar, rescue team coordinator: "And I'd like to repeat once more - as I have said many times during the past weeks - that the mine rescue alternative is not viable. There is an enormous block of 700-thousand tons - which is very unstable - so any tentative of entering the mine (through the main entrance) implies a danger for the lives of the people who want to carry out that operation. And what's most worrying is what this information could mean for the miners down there." 13. Mid of pieces of machinery for Plan C arriving in trucks to the mine 14. People with flags cheering and waving while trucks passing by 15. Mid of the same 16. People holding banner between them and waving with flags as trucks passing by STORYLINE: The Chilean Labour Ministry organised job fair on Monday to help the workers at the San Jose mine find new employment as workers fear the mine is unlikely to reopen. Besides the 33 men trapped underground, another 317 people worked - directly or indirectly - at the San Jose mine. Around 15 mining companies answered the authorities' call and have offered jobs to at least 300 people, according to the Labour ministry. Camila Merino, the head of the ministry, also said they were trying to solve the current contractual situation of all the workers - still employed by San Esteban Primera mining company. "They haven't got their settlement form the mining company and that is something we are trying to sort out but we see that company has some serious problems", she said. The company has said it can't afford to pay their salaries and may go bankrupt and is in such bad shape that it has neither the equipment nor the money to rescue the 33 men. It is Chile's state-owned mining company, CODELCO, is in charge of digging the escape tunnel, which will cost about 1.7 (m) million US Dollars. On Monday only one of three drilling efforts was operational - the so-called Plan A drill, reaching down to 750 feet (230 meters). But it too must stop at 820 feet (250 meters), for maintenance work. Plan B, a higher-velocity drill that will carve out a narrower escape tunnel, has been silenced since last week, when it struck an iron support beam for the mine and its drill bit shattered into small pieces. A third drill, Plan C, is still days away from starting its work. Rescuers have already tried three times to use magnets to remove pieces of the shattered second drill and iron beam from the hole. With frustration growing, so is pressure for alternative solutions. You can license this story through AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/ed15dfcdf4bbdd78df33f9ed2b314749 Find out more about AP Archive: http://www.aparchive.com/HowWeWork
Views: 271 AP Archive
Rescuers expect to reach Chilean miners by Saturday
 
00:16
Privacy Policy: http://www.cnn.com/privacy.html Photo Caption: Firefighters stand by near the San Diego mine at Copiapo, Chile, Thursday as rescuers closed in on 33 trapped miners. Copiapo, Chile (CNN) -- Rescuers in Chile have just another 89 meters (292 feet) left to drill and are expected to break through into the area where 33 miners are trapped by Saturday, Chilean Mines Minister Laurence Golborne said Thursday. Depending on whether engineers decide to encase the rescue shaft with steel casing, the 33 miners could be extracted from the collapsed San Jose gold and copper mine within two to 10 days after breakthrough, Golborne added. The miners have been trapped in a chamber since August 5. They are in contact with the outside world through a small bore hole that is being used to send them food, water, supplies and other necessities. Rescue crews have been drilling three separate, wider holes to send down a rescue capsule that will bring the men to the surface. Those rescue attempts have been labeled Plans A, B and C. "We're advancing pretty well in Plan B. We restarted the drilling process and are hoping we can get contact more or less this Saturday. Depending [on] if we have to change the drill hammer or not it could be a bit earlier, but we're predicting [the] date for Saturday," Golborne said. Mine engineers will have to decide whether they need to encase the shaft with steel tubing to prevent rockfalls and further collapses as they extract the miners. "We have to wait two, three or four days if we do not encase and eight to 10 days if we do the encasing. That will be based on technical matters decided by technical experts," he added. . The so-called Plan B drill, a Schramm T-130 rig, hit a depth of 535 meters by 8 a.m. Thursday following a 20-hour stoppage to change drill hammers and to survey the rescue shaft with a miniature camera. Earlier this week, the Plan B drill cut through 53 meters in just 12 hours, which means technically it could cover the remaining 89 meters down to the miners in just 20 hours. One of the rescue coordinators, Rene Aguilar, an engineer for state copper company CODELCO, said earlier this week they may encase the first 100 meters of the shaft, a process that could take just 10 hours. Once the miners are extracted they will undergo about two hours of health checks at a field hospital that has been set up at the mine. They will then be reunited with one or two immediate family members. Next, all 33 will be flown by military helicopter to the regional hospital in the city of Copiapo -- approximately a 15-minute flight. Chilean President Sebastian Pinera said on Sept. 19 during his last visit to the mine that he planned to personally hug each of the 33 miners as they were pulled from the rescue shaft. He is due to depart on a government tour to Europe mid-month. First lady Cecilia Morel de Pinera is expected to arrive at the San Jose mine sometime Friday, Golborne said. "Her plan is to spend some time with the miners' families," he said. Maria Segovia, sister of trapped miner Dario Segovia, said relatives would begin a vigil Thursday night that they will keep until a drill breaks through to the miners. Official Link: http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/10/07/chile.trapped.miners/index.html?iref=NS1
Views: 797 CNNNewsCrew
rescate mineros CHILE ,comunicado del Gte. Riesgos Teniente Codelco .
 
02:01
Entrevista efectuada por CNN CHILE , hoy 23 de Agosto/2010 al Sr. Gerente de Riesgos Profesionales Teniente Codelco , informando sobre el estado de los 33 mineros encontrados vivos en la Mina San José Copiapó.
NASA-Spezialisten beraten eingeschlossene chilenische Minenarbeiter
 
02:43
Ein NASA-Team besuchte vor kurzem die eingeschlossenen Bergarbeiter im nördlichen Chile. Die Spezialisten empfahlen den Behörden u.a.: den Wohnraum der Bergarbeiter zu unterteilen, den Tagesablauf zu regeln und Übungsprogramme einzuführen. Chiles Regierung will mit den NASA-Spezialisten den Männern helfen, sie geistig und körperlich für das Warten fit machen. Die Bergarbeiter sind seit fast einem Monat in einem Tunnel verschüttet. Sie müssen jetzt weitere zwei bis vier Monate 700 Meter unter der Erde ausharren. Während dessen bohren Ingenieure einen schmalen Rettungsschacht. Es wird eine der schwierigsten Rettungsoperationen weltweit. NASA-Psychologe Al Holland erklärt, wie man unter Tag einen Tageslicht-Zyklus schafft. [Al Holland, NASA-Psychologe]: „Eines der Dinge, die empfohlen wird ist, dass, es dort einen Platz, ein Gemeinschaftsraum gibt, der immer beleuchtet ist. Und dann einen zweiten Platz, der zum Schlafen immer dunkel ist. Und dann einen dritten Ort für die Arbeit, für den Bergbau. Und die Schichten können durch diese geografischen Orte in der Mine wandern und auf diese Weise den Tageslicht-Zyklus der Schicht regulieren." Ingenieure arbeiten an einer verbesserten Lüftung. Das soll auch die Lebensumgebung verbessern. [Rene Aguilar, Ingenieur]: „Wir sind dabei, einen Polykanal zu senken, und er wird eine Tube haben, durch die wir Luft blasen - Luft, die eine niedrigere Temperatur als die Luft unten haben wird, und auf diese Weise werden wir einen verträglicheren Lebensraum schaffen. Gleichzeitig sind wir dabei, die Lüftung zu verbessern, indem wir die Gebiete trennen, in denen sie zurzeit leben." Jeder der Bergarbeiter verlor etwa zehn Kilogramm Gewicht, bevor sie nach 17 Tagen gefunden wurden. Doch jetzt seien sie nach offiziellen Angaben bei bemerkenswert guter Gesundheit. Helfer schicken den Männer schmale Plastiktuben durch einen schmalen Schacht mit dem Durchmesser einer Grapefruit. Darin befindet sich Essen, Medizin oder Briefe von Angehörigen. NASA-Arzt Michael Duncan empfiehlt den Behörden das Tagesprogramm mit einem Bewegungsprogramm zu ergänzen. Dies sobald sich die Gesundheit der Bergarbeiter weiter verbessert habe. [Dr. Michael Duncan, NASA Arzt]: „Was das Gesundheitsteam und wir auch vornehmen, sind vorbeugende Gesundheitsmaßnahmen. Bevor unsere Astronauten in den Weltraum eintreten, werden sie auf Übungsprogramme gesetzt. Und die Bergarbeiter, obwohl sie da unten auch etwas arbeiten - möchten wir stufenweise einige Übungsprogramme einführen, während sich ihre Ernährung verbessert." Chiles Regierung ging anfänglich von einer Isolierung der Bergarbeiter bis Weihnachten aus. Jetzt hofft der Gesundheitsminister Jaime Manalich den Zeitraum auf Ende November zu verkürzen.
Views: 350 NTDde